We'll try to keep these short and sweet...
1. The picture submitted must be your own (obviously).
2. The image uploaded must be in .jpeg or .png format.
3. The submitted photo must be smaller than 15 Mb.
4. No excessive Photoshopping. Using Photoshop is fine, but the image must accurately reflect reality.
5. The City of Magnolia reserves all rights to the submitted photographs. (Mainly for the new website)
6. There will be a 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place as well as 3 Honorable Mentions.
The winners of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Places will receive a prize. All of these selections (including the Honorable Mentions) will be featured on the new Magnolia website.
However, any submitted photograph might actually be used as material for the new website.
7. Prizes and judges are still to be announced.
10. We are human too, so these rules, the judges, and the prizes are subject to modification if need be.
Tips for great submissions...
1. The theme of this contest is watching our community grow and blossom (figuratively speaking). So, try to focus submissions on places and events that have seen or demonstrated significant growth or change in recent times.
However, great photos of Magnolia in general are needed as well. Help us put Magnolia's best foot forward!
2. Phone cameras are allowed, but for better quality, a point-and-shoot camera is recommended; low-quality photographs will have a lesser chance of being used on the website or being selected as a winner.
3. Take a look at the current website...
and try to gather pictures would fit into the current pages. This will also help with the diversity of the submissions.
(This is the website that is getting re-designed, by the way!)